The best thing about the seeds is that diet, thanks to their neutral flavor, we can combine them both with sweet and savory dishes and even in drinks to take advantage of all their benefits. Have you ever wondered what seeds to incorporate into the regular diet? Well, you’ve probably heard about the benefits of this food. The truth of all is that it is a good supplement for food, as they are full of important nutrients for the body.
In fact, they have been valued for their medicinal effects, since they serve as a remedy against some diseases. In addition, they are low in calories and can help maintain a healthy weight. If you have not tried them yet, do not hesitate to choose the following options. You will love it!
What Seeds to Incorporate into the Diet? 6 Options
In stores and markets we can find a good amount of products that include seeds in their composition. And, beyond thinking that it is a fashion followed by vegetarians or celebrities, the truth is that it is very nutritious food that is worth taking advantage of. If you have asked what seeds to incorporate into the diet, discover the properties of the options that we mention below.
1. Chia Seeds
They are rich in iron, calcium and omega 3 fatty acids. They have a good dose of fiber, so they are satiating and are recommended for people who are making diets to lose weight. In turn they help eliminate toxins, prevent premature aging of the skin and support the regeneration of tissues.
- Before consuming them it is very important to soak them with water for at least 10 minutes.
- It will form a kind of “gelatin” which can be added to the juices or smoothies of fruits and vegetables.
- Another option is to mix with the spread cheese on toast or breakfast biscuits, or with yogurt or milk with oats and almonds.
2. Pomegranate Seeds
This rich red fruit has seeds inside that can be eaten in many sweet or salty preparations. Rich in antioxidants, pomegranate helps fight the effects of free radicals and improves cell health.
- Among the nutrients that these seeds provide are the polyphenols that prevent heart disease and vitamin C that strengthens the immune system.
- They also serve to prevent the formation of clots in the blood, maintain the elasticity of blood vessels and stimulate circulation.
- As if it were not enough, pomegranate seeds help to prevent the development of arthritis and bone diseases.
- They can be incorporated into green salads, natural juices, pies and cakes.
3. Sesame Seeds
It is a great source of “good” proteins and fats as well as lecithin, iron, zinc and calcium.
“Sesame seeds regulate cholesterol levels and give a different touch to foods”.
- It is best to buy them raw and then toast them without oil for a few minutes.
- They combine perfectly with salads, creams, cakes and breads. Sprinkle some sesame over your meals and they will change completely.
4. Pumpkin Seeds
They have many properties, such as regulating cholesterol and softening some skin problems. It is advisable to consume pumpkin seeds in the morning to control the weight, because it is a caloric food. Otherwise they can be eaten in the afternoon since, containing magnesium and vitamin B; they synthesize serotonin and stabilize the nervous system.
- They are ideal, therefore, for those who suffer from insomnia and other difficulties to fall asleep.
- They can be consumed as a snack at mid-morning. A handful is enough. As it is necessary to chew them well they can serve if we have a lot of anxiety.
- Another option is to soak them all night and the next day liquefy them with essence of vanilla or cinnamon.
5. Flax Seeds
If you are not sure what seeds to incorporate into the diet, a good option to start with are flax seeds? It is an excellent source of dietary fiber that regulates the digestive system. In addition flax seeds provide polyphenols and linoleic acid. These nutrients have many benefits for our health such as acting as a potent anti-inflammatory and regulating hormonal production (flax is recommended in women during their menstrual period or during menopause). Two of the main advantages of flax are that it maintains the regularity of bowel movement and prolongs satiety for longer. Ideal for people who suffer constipation, have anxiety for food or want to lose weight.
- Flax seeds are very versatile and can be added to salads, breads, desserts, cookies or yoghurts and smoothies.
6. Quinoa Seeds
It could be said that it is one of the last seeds that became known worldwide but have hundreds of years of use in South America. Quinoa has many properties because it provides iron, fibers, phosphorus, proteins and essential amino acids.
- These seeds, in addition, are very satisfying and are recommended in people who perform diets to lose weight.
- Before consuming the quinoa it is essential to boil it with water and without salt for several minutes. Then it can be added to salads, rice, cakes or as a replacement for cereals.
Now you know what seeds to incorporate into the diet. Choose the varieties that most attract your attention and enjoy them in any of your main meals.